This card looks like it's going to do a lot of work in this tag-heavy meta, but the card draw ability means he'll almost never be a dead draw in other matchups. Great addition to Criminal, along with stuff like On the Lam they're really being given a ton of tools to deal with the increasing amount of tag & kill options for Corp.
Some of the neat stuff you can do with this card:
- Hard counters Breaking News: as soon as they score it you get 2 counters, use them to clear the tags and draw up! Breaking News + Exchange/BOOM! is one of the most potent combos in the game so anything that can straight up deal with that is fantastic. However you won't get counters when 24/7 News Cycle is played, and this doesn't help against the Power Shutdown/Accelerated Diagnostics combo as you don't have a paid ability window to clear tags.
- For each agenda scored/stolen, you can clear Account Siphon tags for free and draw 2 cards without spending a click, almost like a free Lawyer Up.
- If you make an unsuccessful run with John Masanori, you can clear the tag with a counter (and get the draw you wanted anyway!)
- Clickless draw is very useful vs Jinteki decks that aim to kill you with some combo of Ronin/Bio-Ethics Association/Chairman Hiro. Getting a large amount of counters can be a bit tricky vs decks like IG that don't ever really score out, but the possibility is there.
- Hard-Hitting News becomes much less taxing. Even with only one or two counters on Aaron you have a much better chance of making it through the huge tempo hit HHN can be.
All that aside, even against a non-kill no-tag deck Aaron can still provide you with somewhere between 5-15 clickless card draws across a game for only 2 credits! Criminal is generally considered the weakest runner faction when it comes to card draw so I think Aaron will give them a great boost in speed and survivability.