Now we're getting to the fun stuff.
I really like the design of this card. It can make one piece of ICE super difficult to get through. And you can rez it at instant speed, so it can be a mid-run surprise. But it also feels "fair", since it's an asset that needs to be protected. So the runner can always just go trash Trieste, and THEN go about whatever shady runner business they are up to. So she can't make servers truly impregnable. And bioroids can always be clicked through, in a pinch. But if the runner doesn't know they're going to need to spend clicks, she can be an amazing surprise!
Anyway, some fun thoughts about this card:
- She's pretty flexible. You choose the target when you rez her, so basically she can just sit in a remote somewhere and get rezzed if you really need to keep the runner out of somewhere. (And they don't have enough clicks to just talk their way through.)
- She's a bioroid, so you can rez her via Architects of Tomorrow, although you probably don't want to. (Only a 2 gain, and you lose the surprise factor making it easier for the runner to plan around her.)
- A trash cost of 3 is just enough to be kind of annoying to trash. She might actually survive a runner encounter or two, if they don't yet know what she's capable of!
- She's not unique, so you COULD set up a chain of them if you wanted to tease the runner a bit
- She's probably going to be a high priority target, so it's probably good that she's in the faction that is so good at getting cards back. (And let's be honest, you're probably running Spin Doctors anyway.)
- You pick her target when she is rezzed, so any of the cards that let you derez her mean you can retarget her. So Élivágar Bifurcation might actually be worth playing along side her. (Or if you're not playing startup format, Divert Power, etc.)
- You can do some really silly jank with her, if you combo with Hákarl 1.0. I've written a full breakdown in a review on that card, but between the two of them, you can make a piece of ice fully unbreakable for a turn.
I think this is a strong card. It has some jank potential, but even without the jank it's a good scoring tool by itself. It's limited to bioroid ice, so it's not going to be useful to many decks outside of HB, but it seems like a godsend for making bioroid decks have a few more teeth.
Looking forward to iterating with this!
Well hello there pinhole threading— Ozvaldo