The original counter to Scorched Earth.
- Prevents up to 3 meat damage
- Recurring credits to remove tags helps stretch the credits gained from Account Siphon
- Can only prevent up to 3 meat damage. You're still going to slightly singed from Scorched Earth
- To prevent the damage, you need to trash it. So you need to think long and hard whether its worth trashing over 1 meat damage or keep in reserve for Scorched Earth.
- While the influence isn't back-breaking, non-criminals will hesitate to include this card when so other out-of-faction cards are begging to be included
Overall, criminals should give serious consideration to this card over Plascrete Carapace, especially if Account Siphon is a major part of their strategy. Non-criminals are probably better off sticking to Plascrete Carapace
(All That Remains era)
The biggest downside is probably that if you're tagged the Corp can spend a click and two credits to trash this. So, they'll just do that first. It IS powerful for clearing self-inflicted tags, though. — LordRandomness
@LordRandomness is right, it ends up just being a click+2 cred tax on the corp. Still, that can help prevent double scorched. — PureFlight
If the corp tags you, then trashes this, then scorches, you'll still be fine as long as you have 4 cards in hand and can clear the tag next turn. It's very good against 24/7 Breaking News because they have to forgeit an agenda just to get rid of this card and you can remove the tags the next turn with 4 credits. — Ebrey