As much as I would like to love Rainbow, it remains disappointing.
Theoretically, it's a 3 credits taxer against many popular breakers. It has a hard "end-the-run" subroutine so, contrary to Eli 1.0, you cannot be siphoned (or legworked, or whatever) through it without a breaker. That said, any breaker will do the job, including the ultra cheap Faerie. So, that's not a decisive advantage.
Rainbow has many annoying weaknesses:
- Due to its numerous subtypes, you cannot really try to score an agenda behind it.
- Yogsucker breaks it for 0 credit (and 1 token).
- Cyber-Cypher breaks it for 1 credit.
- Gordian Blade breaks it for 1 credit if a big code gate is protecting the same server.
- Atman @ 4 breaks it for 1 credit.
With all these weaknesses, in many cases, Rainbow is just an inferior Eli.
Nevertheless, it's still good protecting a remote server with an asset where it has a chance to tax the Runner for 3 credits.