I rate Water Monopoly a bit differently than Cpt_nice. The thing is, I don't see it getting scored early enough often enough for the effect to be great.
It's useful to consider the alternatives for a Jinteki deck with 3 advancement cost (* = will rotate out soon):
- Ancestral Imager - Damage when the runner jacks out. Decent in kill decks, mediocre otherwise.
- Braintrust* - When over-advanced cheapens rez of ice. A 3/2 with no downsides so great.
- Chronos Project - Remove all cards in the runner's heap from the game. Devastating against some decks, nearly useless against others.
- Dedicated Neural Net - Once scored gives you a 2/3 chance to make the runner not access agenda's from HQ. Decent to good.
- Encrypted Portals - Gives credits for code gates, boosts code gate strength. Decent.
- False Lead* - Can be forfeited to make the runner close a click. Useful in the right kill deck, though usually that will be HB.
- Genetic Resequencing - Put an agenda counter on a scored agenda. Meh.
- Gila Hands Arcology - Click for 1.5. Mediocre.
- House of Knives - Deal damage during a run, three times. Decent in general, great in the right deck.
- Merger - 3/2, but 3/3 for the runner and costs 1 influence. Not terribly great but good for fast advance.
- Philotic Entanglement - Deals damage and is a 3/2. Little reason not to include it, though only one copy per deck allowed.
- Profiteering* - Lets you take bad pub for credits. Not great.
- The Future is Now - Tutor for a single card. Always useful.
- Unorthodox Predictions - Effectively block the runner from accessing reasonably protected servers for a turn. Mediocre.
- Veterans Program* - Remove bad pub. Good if you expect bad pub.
Given the competition and the not great chance of Water Monopoly firing early enough to make a large impact on the game I expect it to find a permanent home in the binder.